Friday, April 2, 2010

Tips of the day

Do it.
As a creative person you probably have projects listed in your mind or on a dreamboard waiting to come into fruition. You probably researched, explored, and even reached out to people for advice on how to make something happen. Yet those projects remain to be little notes jotted down on your to do list. Weeks go by, then months, and the next thing you know you're cleaning out a desk drawer and stumble upon that list written years ago.

This happened to me the other day. I was tidying up some old stuffs of mine and found there was a pile of dusty books round the corner. I can't even remember why they're here but anyway i was supposed to read them all through. Those are books about art history, ideas generations, psychology, easy-cooking, self-learning languages and so... However, they were being left behind, just like brand new books never been flipped. What a shame!
I should take time to finish them one by one. Yes! I should read books, not magazines, not comics, but BOOKSSSS!!!
Whats more, i found there were three sketch books beneath the pile. Of which, two of them are empty. The other one with (only) few pages of illustrations and paintings was done few years ago. I used to draw spontaneously when i was a design student. But not anymore.
Ideally, these sketch books should be filled with my lovely drawings and memories, but due to my laziness and lost of passion, i just found hundred blank pages right here.....damn!!!

All that said, we can talk about the things that we want but if it's all talk then there isn't much that's going to happen. When you have tons of other ideas and a whole bunch of other things going on it's tough to make time, but you have to. If it's something you really want to do then take those necessary steps.

As I'm typing this I'm realizing I'm talking to myself. It's time to focus and gear up for those fantastic projects we want to do. Nike had it right, just do it, it's the only way it'll get done.